Dr. Theresa Larson is a doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and CrossFit Level 1 certified coach. Her colleague, Dr. Michael Caisse DPT, is also available for consultation. As experienced CrossFitters, they can identify, diagnose, and fix inefficient movement patterns that are unique to CrossFit. They can help you prevent and rehabilitate your athletic injuries. They can assist you with poor mechanics that rob you of power output and help you unleash the athletic capacity you did not know you had!
Appointments are available at CrossFit Del Mar on Wednesday afternoons or at other times and locations. Click here to schedule a consult!
These classes will be focused and intense for advanced CrossFitters who want to get to the next level and prepare for competition.
Class is included with Unlimited Membership. Drop in fee applies for all other membership level.
For more information on the Open, click here.
Dr. Kevin Shea of Shea Family Chiropractic and Dr. Theresa Larson of Movement Rx will be presenting two full hours of knowledge on keys to performing regular body maintenance.
This class is perfect for you if any of the following apply to you:
1) You sit for more than 4 hours per day.
2) You would like to move better and without pain.
3) You would like to avoid injuries so you can continue to train.
4) You want to recover from your WOD's faster.
All proceeds go to Kevin Ogar Recovery Fund!
Event Fee is $35 pre-registration, $40 at the door. Register here!
CFDM will host a CrossFit Movement and Mobility Trainer Course on Sunday, March 16.
This event is being rescheduled for a later date due to a scheduling conflict. The new date and time will be posted soon.
David Newman of Rx Smart Gear will conduct a Gymnastics Clinic at CrossFit Del Mar. David and his team normally travel worldwide teaching these skills and providing clinics. Please take advantage of this awesome local opportunity! The fee is $95 and you can register here! The clinic will focus on the following skills:
1. Training your spacial awareness
2. Understanding alignment and the "stacked" position
3. Learn proper Hollow and Arched position
4. Learn how to isolate and contract key muscle groups
5. Learn proper tripod position and headstand control
6. Learn proper lung position to begin handstand
7. Learn inverted spacial awareness thru sequential drills
8. Learn how to exit the handstand safely
9. Learn how to balance freestanding handstands
10. Learn handstand walking techniques
1. Learn proper low/high ring support
2. Learn proper false grip and neutral grip
3. Learn proper body position for strict m/u
4. Learn the 10 to 2 technique for transition
5. Practice low ring transition progression
6. Practice high ring, band assisted m/u
7. Learn proper swing mechanics for kipping m/u
8. Learn proper swing sequence for kipping m/u
9. Learn visual spotting techniques
10. Learn coach spotting techniques